Cutest blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Project 52: Week 52: Friendship


This year we got to give Abby one of the best Christmas presents possible...
Her best friend in the whole world Peyton, coming for a visit!
I think we can all learn a little about true friendship from these two, sweet little girls.


Abby and Peyton met when Abby was about 16 months old and Peyton was about 10 months old.  Right away they had this instant bond, that kids that young normally don't have.  They were always so happy together, and pretty much NEVER had issues most really young kids have: toy sharing, fighting, wanting to play different things, etc.  They just always got a long so well.  As they got older they asked to see eachother pretty much everyday, which they did for the most part.  They were eachothers first friends.  Then they felt like their entire life shattered  when our family had to PCS from San Antonio.  This were 4 years old when we left.  For the next few years they constantly talked about eachother and always said eachother was still their best friend.  (Sara and I are both horrible phone people and so they rarely get to talk to eachother, but that never stopped them).  In May, we had to go to Texas for Geoff's surgery, and so Abby got to surprise Peyton, after not seeing eachother for just over 2 years.  They acted like they were never apart.  Again they were devastated when they had to leave eachother again.  Sara and her family went to MN for Christmas and I talked her into making the 8 hour drive to Minot on the way home so the girls could see eachother.  They just spent the last 3 and a half days within 5 feet of eachother!  I honestly think these two are connected for life.  They just love eachother so much, and love being together.  I can't wait to see them together as teenagers :)

I can't believe this is my LAST project 52 post.  I think I might try to make these into a little flipbook or something so I can look back at them.  Too bad I didn't keep them very organized, so it will take some work on my part :/.  Also, I have another week to decide if I want to take it on again next year, but I think if I do, I will make it a little more themed, and not just a week to week thing.

1 comment:

We L-O-V-E Comments!!! Leave us some love!!!