Cutest blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Project 52: Week 8: Collections

I have always collected backdrops and blankets for newborn props...but recently I have realized how easy/cheap fabric is as backdrops, and I am now addicted to finding perfect "backdrop" fabrics....yeah...obsessed.


 

 My biggest and most addicting collection: Christmas stuff. Pretty much anything Christmas related...I am not biased. But my favorites are: gingerbread stuff for my kitchen, snowman stuff for the girls bathroom, and Christmas picture frames. Anyone that knows us at all, knows that this is just a TINY portion of our collection (it is organized in various spots in the garage, so its hard to get it all in one photo) Seriously, I can't help myself...it's a sickness really.

 



Lat but not least...my babies...my lenses. It is a small collection, but I love each of them, for different reasons. Most people think that your camera is the most important piece of equipment you need for great photos (aside from an actual eye for photography), but in fact, it is the lens.  You can have a $10,000 camera, but if you do not have a decent lens, the camera can only do so much, and your photos will reflect it.  Yes, a good camera is important for getting good photos, but a "kit" lens usually isn't enough for those that want to go a little deeper then just "taking decent photos of my kids".  
The only one not pictured, is the one I used to take the photo...my trusty prime lens. It is the least impressive looking on the outside to those who do not know much about photography...but, she gets me the sharpest photos and the most beautiful bokeh, and I use her for a majority of my shoots (indoor and outdoor).  She is probably actually my favorite, followed by my macro.




(don't mind the missing cover...I lose those things like crazy, and am actually suprised I am only missing one)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We L-O-V-E Comments!!! Leave us some love!!!