Cutest blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Project 52: Week 2: Cold



Since we are stationed at the North Pole, this weeks "challenge" was not much of a challenge for me. It was sort of obvious that I would probably do photos of...snow. We have had some very cold windchills the last few days...I think we had a -40* morning even. Most people can not even imagine how cold that really does feel. If you have never been this far north, you have probably never experienced any of the things that come with this degree of coldness: Feeling the cold down under your skin, and into your bones, having your eyelids stick shut from the moisture on your eyeballs freezing, growing icicles on the ends of your eye lashes, your nostrils freezing shut when you breathe through your nose, or it physically hurting your lungs to breathe...it literally takes your breath away for a brief moment....yeah, it can get pretty intense! But still, we love it, freezing cold and all! I decided to do a few photos this week from various days of us outside playing.


These were my 2nd attempt at getting some up close snowflake photos with my macro. These ones came out a little bit better, but next time I want to try with a tripod so they can be a little more crisp.


If you look really close, a couple of the snowflakes have some slight color in the outline...I have no idea why, but in some of them I saw purple and green. Just thought it was kinda neat.

What is the best way to warm up from the cold? Hot Cocoa! Isn't this an awesome mug? We got these from our Polar Express Train ride at Christmas
Snowblower....best investment we have made in Minot!

Ice Wreath craft. It didn't come out like I had visioned...I think I need to use smaller, more shallow bowls to give it more of a wreath shape, but it was still fun for winter. And only up North, would this last all winter!



Tree in backyard. By the time I got bundled up and actually got outside, most of the snow had blown off already, so I will be attempting this one again...I want to get a photo of a tree just packed with snow.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Stacy. Love them. Tell me more about this project. I don't know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow flakes are awesome!! I seriously thought those were fake for a second, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent you an email Erin! Nope Chelsea...for sure real! You can see Geoff's dirty truck as the background :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Snowflakes!! They are soo beautiful!! Didnt realize you could get sooo darn close!! lol And the Wreath is A-mazing! I want one!! good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the snowflakes. I always forget just how beautiful they really are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah i have no idea how the username above happened...weird

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies...I have become slightly more obsessed with snowflakes, trying to get an even better shot each time!

    hahaha...Tiffany? I think you might need to make some sort of adjustment in your blog to fix your username...its all crazy looking.

    ReplyDelete

We L-O-V-E Comments!!! Leave us some love!!!