Cutest blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Project 52: Week 3: Macro

Warning: Very heavy post!  Haha....so at first when I saw this week's theme, I thought it was sorta lame.  But then I remembered how much I have enjoyed trying to capture snowflakes....and I started thinking... What else could I find that has a lot more detail when you see it up close?  I thought about doing random stuff, really random stuff, really close up, and seeing if people could guess what they are...but I decided against that LOL. (I might do this another week, or as a contest on my photography blog!)  I decided to just try to capture some things around my house.  Also, I forgot how much fun a macro lens could be.  I had one quite a few years ago, and I never really used it to its full potential...well since getting more into newborn photography, I decided I had to have a new one.  I have been having a lot of fun with it since then....


Tried again at the snowflakes..this time with a gorilla pod.  I was hoping it would give me a little bit more stability that close up.  It did help a little more, but still not perfect...challenge!





Abby's beautiful eyelashes....


This is INSIDE our door.  Completely frozen.


Some sand we brought back from Bellow's beach from our trip to Hawaii.  (I swear, it is not brown sugar!)




Back door, iced over...making a neat pattern on the window.

Beautiful Holly...Our little Christmas snow puppy


In last week's post I mentioned how it gets so cold, your eyes can freeze shut, and icicles can form on your eye lashes.  Well yesterday, the windchill was -40*.  Yes you are reading that correct...40 below zero.  I wanted to try and get a photo of this...but Abby was not really digging the cold eyeballs....but you can see it starting to form.

Smores Pizza....Yum.

Our little bug-eyed Roxy.

My Mother ring Geoff had made for me a few years ago. 
Jordyn and Abby's birthstones on either side..and no, not my birthstone in the middle...Geoff's.  He decided it had to be in there.


All of this week's photos were taken with my 90mm Macro lens.

1 comment:

  1. Love these! Good job!! My favorite is the frozen lock... only in Minot!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We L-O-V-E Comments!!! Leave us some love!!!